Lupe Moe, Public Affairs Independence Stake, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- 19-711 – A resolution recognizing Laura Edgar, Staff Assistant, in the Water Pollution Control Department, as the Employee of the Month for March, 2019.
Reports and Recommendations of the City Manager
- Approval of minutes for the Regular Meetings on February 4, 2019 and February 19, 2019.
- Council action is requested to authorize the City Manager to approve a construction contract with Tasco Construction Company Inc. for an amount not to exceed $278,593.70, authorizing future minor change orders for an amount not to exceed $27,850.00 and/or time extensions, for the Drumm and Crane Stormwater Improvements Project (No. 70131504).
- Council action is requested to issue a contract to Middlecreek Corporation, in the amount of $297,440.00 for Reclaim Basin Restoration at the Courtney Bend Water Plant for the Water Department.
- Council action is requested to issue a purchase order to Riverside Technologies Inc , in the amount of $68,607.00 for the replacement of core switches for the Tech Services Department.
- Council action is requested to enter into a contract with Graybar for weathered steel poles for the Power & Light Department.
- Council action is requested to award a contract to Toth & Associates for Substation K Engineering Services for the Power & Light Department.
- 19-712 – A resolution advising the Jackson County Legislature that the Independence City Council does not support the rezoning of the former John K. Stark School allowing a federal halfway house to be located at that site. [Requested by Councilmember Van Camp.]
- 19-713 – A resolution appointing Lucy Young as a member of the Public Utilities Advisory Board of the City of Independence, Missouri.[Requested by Councilmember Van Camp.]
- A public hearing for the application by Stuart and Nita Dietz requesting a rezoning from R-6, Single-Family Residential to R-A, Residential-Agricultural, for the property located at 19301 E. Salisbury Road. New Information Only.
- 19-013 – 2R. An ordinance amending City of Independence Power & Light Department schedules of electric rates to include an electric vehicle charging rate schedule (EV-1) beginning March 1, 2019, under which electric utility service shall be furnished to all customers of Independence Power & Light at its public charging stations.
- 19-015 – 2R. An ordinance authorizing a contract with the Englewood Business Association, for a license of the public area of the Englewood Station Arts District and vicinity in connection with certain promotional events scheduled in 2019.
- 19-016 – 2R. An ordinance vacating a portion of two (2) utility easements located within Lot 77, Valley Brooke 4th Plat, and Lot 33, Valley Brooke 1st Plat – Lots 1-33 and resurvey of Hidden Valley Acres, Lots 23-24, a subdivision in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri, also known as 17909 E. Hidden Valley Road and 18001 E. 31st Terrace.
- 19-017 – 2R. An ordinance authorizing approval of a purchase order with Traffic Control Corporation for the purchase of traffic signal controllers for the Independence Operation Green Light Controller Project (No. 70110704) for an amount not to exceed $118,990.00; and making project appropriations.
- 19-018 – 1R. An ordinance amending the Zoning District Map as to a tract of ground located at 2116 S. Sterling Avenue from District O-1 (Office-Residential) to District R-6 (Single-Family Residential) in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri.
- 19-019 – 1R. An ordinance amending the Zoning District Map as to a tract of ground located at 1917 and 1919 S. Scott Avenue from District R-12 (Two-Family Residential) to District R-18/PUD (Moderate Density Residential/Planned Unit Development) and approve a Preliminary Development Plan, in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri.
- 19-020 – 1R. An ordinance authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement between the City of Independence, acting through its municipal utility, Independence Power and Light and MCImetro Access Transmission Services Corp, for pole attachments. This will have no effect on any tax revenues or general revenues.
- Case 19-100-02, a request from Chao Vang to rezone the property at 2116 S. Sterling Avenue from O-1 (Office-Residential) to R-6 (Single-Family Residential), was advertised for a new information only public hearing at the March 4, 2019, City Council meeting. As the Planning Commission continued said case, the March 4, 2019 City Council new information only public hearing on this item is continued to the March 18, 2019, City Council meeting.